Joint K.N.Toosi-ITC Programme (JKIP)
The Faculty of Geomatics at K.N.Toosi University
of Technology, Iran and the Faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth
Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands are proudly
offering a Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Geo-Information Science and Earth
Observation (Specialization/domain: Geoinformatics).
The aims of JKIP
- To expand a critical understanding of suitable tools.
- To present the new methods and techniques in the field of Geoinformatics.
- To achieve the necessary skills in developing tools for the acquisition, processing, transformation, analysis, modeling, recording and display of spatial data.
- To apply the Geoinformation techniques for identifying the development problems.
- To develop the research skills for the design and implementation of various research and expansion projects in different fields of Geoinformatics.
Upon the completion of the course, the participants are capable of:
- Obtaining a comprehensive knowledge in different fields of Geoinformatics e.g. GIS and Remote sensing
- Analysing a given problem in the field of Geoinformatics and providing the appropriate solutions for studying and solving that problem.
- Developing the proper methods for collecting the spatial data and their processing
- Applying the programming languages for the implementation of the necessary methods
- Using geo-information knowledge and earth observation technology in the framework of the generation, integration, analysis and visualization of the spatial data
- Employing the principles of databases and data models by using the database query languages.
- Performing and formulating the research in the general field of Geoinformatics, perhaps as in component of a multi-disciplinary research and development project.
Terms and conditions for applicant students
1) Course is in English Language. Minimum English Language Entry Requirements: IELTS 6.0
2) B.Sc. in: Geomatics Eng., Surveying Eng., Civil Eng., Geotechnical Eng., Hydraulic Eng., Geology Eng., Geotechnical Eng., Geoscience. Eng., Mining Eng., Petroleum. Eng., Electrical Eng., Telecommunications Eng., Electronic Eng., Environmental Eng., Ecological Eng., Meteorological Eng., Agricultural Eng., Geophysics, Geophysics, Forestry, Urban and Reg. Planing, Soil Science, coastal management, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Appl. Mathematics, IT OR: Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture.