Joint K.N.Toosi-ITC Programme (JKIP)
The Faculty of Geomatics at K.N.Toosi University
of Technology, Iran and the Faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth
Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands are proudly
offering a Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Geo-Information Science and Earth
Observation (Specialization/domain: Geoinformatics).
Geoinformatics is about to develop technologies required for analyzing, distributing and visualizing geo-spatial data.
data is the major driver of today’s information society. More Big Geo
Data than ever is being created by smart phones, satellites, and
sensors. This data is used for an increasing number of scientific
purposes that aim to benefit the world. It’s a matter of gathering,
analyzing, distributing and visualizing the data to make it fit for
specific use, e.g. in systems for improving agricultural practice or creating healthy cities. The technologies supporting these processes are at the core of geoinformatics.
managing these amounts of data takes more than skills. It also requires
keeping pace with ongoing technological developments and understanding
how to interpret them. That is why ITC’s specialization in
Geoinformatics offers courses that teach the required multi-disciplinary
approach. You will learn to design and develop algorithms, models, and
tools that can process geo-spatial data into reliable, actionable
information. You will also be exploring practical areas of application,
such as water scarcity, forest monitoring, and urban infrastructures.
For your MSc research, you can join forces with dedicated ITC research groups ACQUAL and STAMP.
The aims of JKIP
- To expand a critical understanding of suitable tools.
- To present the new methods and techniques in the field of Geoinformatics.
- To achieve the necessary skills in developing tools for the acquisition, processing, transformation, analysis, modeling, recording and display of spatial data.
- To apply the Geoinformation techniques for identifying the development problems.
- To develop the research skills for the design and implementation of various research and expansion projects in different fields of Geoinformatics.
Upon the completion of the course, the participants are capable of:
- Obtaining a comprehensive knowledge in different fields of Geoinformatics e.g. GIS and Remote sensing
- Analysing a given problem in the field of Geoinformatics and providing the appropriate solutions for studying and solving that problem.
- Developing the proper methods for collecting the spatial data and their processing
- Applying the programming languages for the implementation of the necessary methods
- Using geo-information knowledge and earth observation technology in the framework of the generation, integration, analysis and visualization of the spatial data
- Employing the principles of databases and data models by using the database query languages.
- Performing and formulating the research in the general field of Geoinformatics, perhaps as in component of a multi-disciplinary research and development project.
Terms and conditions for applicant students
1) Course is in English Language. Minimum English Language Entry Requirements: IELTS 6.0
2) B.Sc. in: Geomatics Eng., Surveying Eng., Civil Eng., Geotechnical Eng., Hydraulic Eng., Geology Eng., Geotechnical Eng., Geoscience. Eng., Mining Eng., Petroleum. Eng., Electrical Eng., Telecommunications Eng., Electronic Eng., Environmental Eng., Ecological Eng., Meteorological Eng., Agricultural Eng., Geophysics, Geophysics, Forestry, Urban and Reg. Planing, Soil Science, coastal management, Physics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Appl. Mathematics, IT OR: Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture.
برنامه دوماهه جاري (مهر و آبان) براي وروديهاي 98